PDF’s are a great way to share documents with your co-workers, friends and family, but sometimes they can be very large files. In this tutorial we will be showing you how to easily downsize PDF files. To do this we will be using an application called Preview. This application comes preinstalled on your Mac. This tutorial does not require any additional software.
Downsizing a PDF File
1. To start, open Preview by launching it from your dock or by searching for it in Spotlight.
2. Look at the Apple Toolbar, you will see an option labeled “File”. When you do this a drop down menu will appear. From this menu, click on “Open”. You can now open the PDF file that you would like to downsize.
3. Once again, look at the Apple Toolbar and click on “File”. But this time, click on “Save As…” from the drop down menu. When you do this, a drop down menu will appear in the PDF file that you recently opened.
4. Look towards the bottom of the drop down menu. You will see an option labeled “Quartz Filter”. Click on this option. When you do this a drop down menu will appear. Look towards the bottom of this menu, you will see an option labeled “Reduce File Size”. Select this option.
5. Now, click on the Save button. This is located towards the bottom of the Save As menu.
Thank you for reading today’s tutorial, check back soon for more Apple help.