Switching To Mac Forums
November 24, 2014, 01:57:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do imac's come with video cameras/ dvd players/ dvd burners etc?  (Read 2599 times)
prayn4imac

This was the only way I knew to show my new macboo

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:51:47 PM »

Are video cameras, cd/dvd player/burners included in the new imac's?

Blessed to have switched...
Mike K
Administrator

Hey!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 11:22:49 PM »

The new iMac's are the whole package:

-DVD Burner.
-Built-in 17 or 20 inch high-res display.
-iSight video Camera 640x480 30 frames/sec.
-Built in Speakers.
-Anolog/Digital Audio in and out.
-Buit in Mic.
-Wireless Remote with Front-Row for playback of your digital content.
-USB 2.0, FireWire, Gigabit Eithernet.
-DVI Video out supporting split sceen mode.
-Keyboard and Mouse.
-And of course Apple's iLife '06 and a ton of other included software.

Go get one...

Mike
prayn4imac

This was the only way I knew to show my new macboo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 08:55:45 AM »

Wow.. thanks for sharing the specs that I can understand in laymans terms.  I think this is one big reason the entire OS system is better.... EASE of UNDERSTANDABILITY

I know from my IPOD video that APPLE has the "user friendly" concept right!

Right now I am prayn4imac... and prayerfully I will be able to "go get one soon".

Blessed to have switched...
Auggie
Unpatiently Waiting
Global Moderator

Aug0211
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:18:28 AM »

Haha, I am in the same boat as you, payin4imac!

You're definitely right about Apple getting this ease of understandability down.  Not only is all of that included in the HARDWARE of the computer, but the SOFTWARE will include some great tools to utilize all that the computer offers you.  In another post I talked about how there are so many standalone PC programs out for Windows to do stuff like video recording and editing and DVD playing and DVD burning and music recording... Well in the world of Mac, all of that is included, and put into once suite called iLife.  iLife has programs for Photos, Movies, DVD burning/creation, Voice/music Recording, and even software for creating your own web pages and blogs.  Windows machines can do all of that, but not from just one suite of programs that are made to work together and talk to eachother.

Seriously, if you're interested in any of that stuff, go get a Mac.  I'm in to that, and after using some Macs, there is nothing else that will be good enought for me.  Just saving up the money at this point!
Big Brother

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:30:48 PM »

I'm going to have to come to the defence of PC's here, over the last year or so you get all the stuff you've just mentioned for standard on the majority of windows PC's. I know the last PC i got, which was about a year ago had all this.
Mike K
Administrator

Hey!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:55:45 PM »

Some PC's like HP ones do have a bunch of programs installed on them that do the mentioned tasks, but from my experience of going form Apple to PC and then back to Apple when I went and worked for HP for a while... The PC programs do not even come close to how easy and integrated the Mac iLife solution is. Think about it, how easy would it be to use 6 different programs from 6 different manufacturers trying to comunicate and share media file type back and forth... And then having to learn each programs idiosyncrocies on top of that.

iLife is fully integrated and all of the programs work in the same way...

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: