Switching To Mac Forums
October 22, 2014, 10:45:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot partition drive for Boot Camp.  (Read 2927 times)
dragass

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »

I am trying to install Boot Camp and the utility can not complete the partition it needs for the Windows OS.  I run disk utility to try and repair the problem and get the following error message:

Disk Utility stopped verifying “Macintosh HD” because the following error was encountered:

The underlying task reported failure on exit

Any suggestions.

Thanks!
vangogh62

vangogh062
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:16:15 PM »

I'm no expert, but I would run the disk utilities repair/restore disk permissions and stuff. Then try it again. I've read that you have to be very careful when you set up the boot camp partition, so that you don't erase you OSX install. make sure that you're reading any documentation and following the instructions exactly as they say.

You should also try the Apple support forums. They have one just for boot camp.http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1165

"Imagination is a dangerous thing."
Mike K
Administrator

Hey!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »

I haven't experienced that problem either, it sounds like something went wrong, One thing the Boot Camp instructions say to do first is backup your stuff just incase. I would do as Vangogh suggested and checkout the Apple Boot Camp Forum
dragass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »

Thanks for all your help guys.  I was able to "fix" the drive by booting in safe mode and then running the disk utility.

Thanks again for all your help!
Mike K
Administrator

Hey!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:58:21 AM »

Great News, did the rest of your Boot Camp install go as planned?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: