Switching To Mac Forums
October 20, 2014, 08:00:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the macbook converted me! :)  (Read 2409 times)
sweetneet

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:37:11 PM »

i'm a 28-year-old graduate student who has always been adamantly pro-Windows/PC for the past 20 years or so (yes, that long). I dunno, I guess I've just always had bad experiences with the old Apples (Apple IIGS, etc) at my elementary/middle/high school (problems with crashing, slow to boot up, etc). Even more recently (few months ago) I always used to scoff at the new Mac ads ("Hello, I'm a Mac," and "And I'm a PC"..), they used to annoy the hell out of me!

However EVERYTHING changed about a week or so ago when, my fiance bought me a new Macbook at the local Apple store. Smiley It was love at first sight!  Kiss And how, do you ask, was I (a die-hard Windows user)  convinced to go into an Apple store and try a Macbook?? Well, to make a loooong story short, I had read some good reviews about the new Macbooks, and figured I should check them out. I had just started thinking of buying a new laptop as my previous one (a Dell) had been stolen about a month earlier. I looked into buying a new Dell laptop but after seeing what was available on the Dell website (and the prices) I was not convinced. I started researching the Macbook after finally convincing myself that maybe Apple products were decent (maybe had something to do with really liking my iPod nano that I got for Christmas? Smiley )

Anyway, Mac OS X took me a little while to get used to, but it was waaay worth the switch! Every day I discover new things (like new Dashboard widgets, Expose, etc) on the Macbook that simply *amaze* me...i mean, these are things that I never heard of being done on a PC!!! Why aren't all computers like this??? Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: