Switching To Mac Forums
October 31, 2014, 06:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing an application ?  (Read 1234 times)
joegina

View Profile Email
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »

How do I remove an application that launches automatically at startup? I can see it in my login setup. Can't seem to figure it out Huh
JamesJM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »

Hmmm..... ok, someone else will hopefully add a reply here, someone that understands better than I do what your problem is. 

This may be 'redundant' in that you have tried this... but I can't be sure so I'll include everything.  I'm not sure if you want to delete the application or leave it and just remove it from starting up at start up.

SKIP THIS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE APPLICATION - To delete an application, (remove it from your computer if you want to) you simply drag the Application... (not the disk image or an alias)... to the Trash.

To check 'Start Up' applications it's SYSTEM PREFERENCES - ACCOUNTS.. choose your ADMIN account... you will see a tab called "LOGIN ITEM"... (yes, I think this is what you've done by reading your question but I'm just making sure)...

See if the application is listed.  (Which I think you're saying IT IS)

Click the application in the LOGIN ITEMS, (to choose it and then make sure none of the other listed items are clicked) and then click the "-" key at the bottom of the window. 

If none of this works  - What is the application? - JamesJM
joegina

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »

James, Thank you. Sorted. As always there is a simple solution - usually so simple I can't figure it out Cheesy
JamesJM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13:51 PM »

James, Thank you. Sorted. As always there is a simple solution - usually so simple I can't figure it out Cheesy

You're more than welcome, joegina.  Glad I could help.  AND... welcome to the boards.  Nice folk here... I hope to see more of you and read your experiences in the world of MACS.  - JamesJM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: